Key leadership changes will take place in January 2015
(DEARBORN, Mich., Dec. 10, 2014) ― SME, a key resource to the manufacturing industry, announces its 2015 officers and directors, who comprise its Board of Directors. In addition to the new and returning officers and directors, SME will also welcome its 2015 President, Wayne F. Frost, CMfgE.
The Board of Directors is elected annually by the entire voting membership of SME. It is made up of industry and academic leaders from a wide array of manufacturing disciplines. The SME Board of Directors is the governing body of the organization. It has the power to establish business policy for SME, order and conduct professional meetings, and guide its member units.
“It’s an honor to serve as SME’s president and to work with such a diverse and talented Board of Directors,” said 2015 SME President Wayne F. Frost, CMfgE. “As a longtime member, I’ve watched SME grow and change into the organization that it is today. My goal as president is to continue SME’s efforts to support and educate the manufacturing industry and the workforce that supports it.”
The 2015 SME officers and directors taking office in January 2015 are:
- Dean L. Bartles, PhD, FSME, Digital Manufacturing and Design Innovation Institute, UI Labs.
- Edye S. Buchanan, CMfgT, Fives North American Combustion Inc.
- Dianne Chong, PhD, FSME, The Boeing Co.
- Matthew L. Hilgendorf, CMfgT, Caterpillar Inc.
- Michael F. Molnar, FSME, CMfgE, PE, National Institute of Standards and Technology.
- Greg Morris, GE Aviation.
- Robert R. Nesbitt, CMfgE, Eli Lilly and Co.
- Michael D. Packer, FSME, Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Co.
- Ralph L. Resnick, FSME, National Center for Defense Manufacturing and Machining and America Makes.
- Susan M. Smyth, PhD, FSME, General Motors.
Applications are currently being accepted for the 2016-17 SME Board of Directors. SME members interested in being considered for a seat on the board may click here to submit an application on or before Feb. 15.
SME connects all those who are passionate about making things that improve our world. As a nonprofit organization, SME has served practitioners, companies, educators, government and communities across the manufacturing spectrum for more than 80 years. Through its strategic areas of events, media, membership, training and development, and the SME Education Foundation, SME is uniquely dedicated to advancing manufacturing by addressing both knowledge and skill needs for industry. Follow @sme_mfg on Twitter or facebook.com/smemfg.
If you have questions about the press release or need additional information, please contact SME Public Relations at email@example.com.